Monday, December 24, 2012

December 25, 2012 : 11:23 - Merry Christmas!

Here in Thailand there is only a minor buzz around the monstrous multi-month long Titan known as Christmas. I feel homesick for my friends and family momentarily, but I mostly feel okay with being calm and reserved here in chiang mai.

Being without technology or the internet for a week was very strange, and going to another, stricter, more mindful farm for 2 weeks followed by yet another farm will be challenging, but also rewarding.

The most frightening prospect of all though, is the though of taking a 26 day meditation course a month from now. The would mean no technology, no reading, no writing, no talking, no naps, no contact with the outside world, and only 6 hours of sleep a night for a month.

Yet it is my main reason for being in Thailand so I can't back out now. It will just be intense. Nothing wrong with that, right? My brain won't implode from deprivation of stimuli. Right?

1 comment:

  1. How how but I know it will make you a better person. This will be an incredible. I don't think I could do it Once you are in the zone maybe. You have a mind that is more complex than any technical device therefore that is what you use through this experience.

    It will be withdrawal for everyone that checks your blog daily Love mom and dad (Tom & Penny)

    ReplyDelete